The Friends of the Chesterfield County Public Library is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, community-based support group for the Chesterfield County Public Library. The Board meets regularly and the membership meets annually. The Friends group supports library programs and community events, and funds items needed by the library.
The Board is the decision-making body that determines ways in which the Friends will support the mission of the Chesterfield County Public Library. These include funding programs, literacy support activities, cultural projects, and special purchases of needed equipment and furnishings. Recognizing the importance of the Library’s dedicated staff, the Friends branch groups provide refreshments during National Library Week and at other times during the year. Besides serving as the Friends’ fiscal agents, the Board members plan programs, coordinate book sales and other fund-raising events, and help out at many library functions.
- Focusing public attention on and creating interest in library resources and activities
- Fostering the idea of the Chesterfield County Public Library as an active and dynamic cultural, educational and recreational force in the community and encouraging its use as a community center for such activities
- Encouraging and promoting the donation of gifts, financial and otherwise, which may assist the library
- Serving as a link between the library and the community, interpreting each to the other
- Providing knowledgeable and willing volunteers for library activities
- Educating members and general citizens about the need for legislation that fosters the growth of the library system.
Board of Directors